fall '13- spring '14
Room Selection Letter to our Spring 2013 resident students.
The Office of Residence Life and Housing urges you to please review the following procedures and timelines carefully since the process has changed compared to previous years:
· Please remember that housing is not guaranteed to all current resident students.
· Students wishing to return to housing will be required to complete the Housing Intent Form, by Friday, January 25, 2013.
Please click here to complete the Housing Intent Form.
· Once a student has completed a Housing Intent Form:
o The student will be assigned a random lottery number.
o The students will then be placed in order by lottery number.
o All students with lottery numbers that do not exceed the number of available housing spaces will be approved for housing pending payment of the room reservation deposit. Failure to pay the room reservation deposit by Tuesday, February 12, 2013, will result if forfeiture of housing for the 2013-2014 academic year.
o Any student with a lottery number that exceeds the number of available housing spaces will be placed on the housing waitlist.
· All students who have completed a Housing Intent Form for the fall 2013 semester will receive a letter in their on-campus mailbox by Monday, February 4, 2013. This letter will indicate whether you have been approved to pay a room reservation deposit and participate in the room selection process or if you have been placed on the housing waitlist for the fall 2012 semester.
· If you have been approved to participate in the room selection process, please keep the following in mind:
o You must pay the $150.00 room reservation deposit (nonrefundable) in person between the dates of Wednesday, February 6, 2013 and Tuesday, February 12, 2013.
o You should bring the approval letter when you come to pay the room reservation deposit.
o The room reservation deposit must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to “Worcester State University.” Cash, credit cards or OneCard payments will not be accepted.
o All room reservation deposits need to be brought to the Office of Residence Life and Housing between the hours of 9:00AM-4:30PM between Wednesday, February 6th and Tuesday, February 12th.
o You will receive a receipt, your lottery number, and the guide to the room selection process when you have paid your room reservation deposit.
· Please remember, there is no need to line up early to pay the room reservation deposit.
· Students will select their specific room during the last week of February and the first week of March.
When you select your room assignment for the upcoming academic year, you will be required to read and sign a Residence Hall License Agreement. This is a legally binding contractual agreement, committing students to living on campus for the full academic year. If someone else pays your university expenses, please discuss this with them before you sign the Residence Hall License Agreement. Once a room assignment is selected, it cannot be changed until the room selection process is completed. Therefore, it is advisable that you read all room selection materials carefully and make well-informed choices.
If you have any questions, please stop by the Office of Residence Life and Housing in Wasylean Hall 104 or contact us at (508) 929-8074 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org